Sunday, May 07, 2006

Rules for Posting

(I will re-post these rules from time to time.)

1. This is not a political, racial, or Northwest blog as such, it's listed in the "arts" section and it is intended to discuss HAC's literary works. The Northwest Trilogy are of course the books of his that are garnering the most attention and will continue to do so, but let's get some feedback on his other books too, okay?

2. Ref. above, let's stay on topic. The comments section will be the most important part of this blog, but I will moderate it like Harold does his own groups, for civility and sanity. Harlan Markwalder, don't even bother.

3. This doesn't mean you can't post critical reviews of HAC's stuff. If there are parts of it you don't like, fine, say so, but do it in a civil and constructive and intellectual manner.

4. There is something racial and political to be learnt even from HAC's most overtly non-political stuff. Every time I read any of his novels I always find something new. You can talk politics and race if you want, but connect it up to one of HAC's works.

7 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Jack Torrance said...

Opening the comments section. The blog will consist of some articles but mostly comments, so keep checking back for the latest.

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time!

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which of the Northwest novels is the best, do you think?

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always found Covington's books inspirational, although there are some of them I haven't read yet.

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, let's start an "HAC Favorites" poll. Can you do polls on these blog doohickies?

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Jack Torrance said...

I don't think you can, Jackie. I'll work up some way to do a poll, but the votes will have to be in the comments section, so far as I can see. Yahoo groups lets you do polls, but I like this blogspot format. It lets me put my crazy picture by my profile.

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked Black Flame. Ask Harold when he's going to do some more Black Knight mysteries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home