Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hall Review of AMF

August 22, 2005

Dear Harold,

I received my hardback copy of A Mighty Fortress on Saturday morning, and I started reading it that afternoon. I finished it at two o’clock on Monday morning and now I can’t sleep, I’m so overwhelmed, so I am sitting at the computer, hoping to be the first to send you a review.

My God, Harold, what can I say? I am stunned that in its last death throes, this contemptible, pissant little Movement of ours can produce something like this. This trilogy of novels is one of the few mature products of genuine political and strategic thinking we have ever come up with. If you’re worried about your work surviving the test of time, don’t be. Considering who writes the chronicles, you will probably go down in history as an evil J. R. R. Tolkien, but you’ll still be around a thousand years from now.

Frankly, these books of yours will outlive The Turner Diaries and Hunter. Adequate for their time and place, those were simply polemics with only the thinnest veneer of fiction to give them a legal fig leaf and enable Pierce to escape prosecution for incitement to murder and armed overthrow of the government. These three epics of yours are actual novels with genuine plot lines, multi-dimensional characters, conflict and resolution, and an organic flow to them which is unmatched in almost any author I’ve read and one of the things that establishes you as a genuine writer.

It will be a matter of future debate as to which of these three books is your best. Up until Saturday I was sure you could never beat A Distant Thunder, but be damned if you didn’t do it! Like all your Northwest novels, AMF is a “how-to” manual for guerrilla organization and tactics, but it is much more. In A Mighty Fortress you cover a delicate and necessary phase of any revolution, the actual mechanics of separation from the occupying power, which is something that to the best of my knowledge no other White leader has ever even thought about, never mind bothered to try to formulate. We call ourselves White Separatists, but you are the only one since Bob Miles actually to spell out just what that means and how to go about it.

I also feel compelled to comment on something one of your e-mail correspondents said back when you were sending out sample chapters. The interaction between Nightshade and Cody is one of the most convincing parts of the novel, but the “bedroom scene,” if you want to call it that, addresses one of the most crucial of the problems facing our race today: the essential nature of the relationship between Aryan men and women in a time of racial and moral chaos.

As that previous commentator pointed out, you actually return the initiative in a sexual relationship to the White male, re-empower him if you will, and this is in its own quiet way more revolutionary than anything political you have to say elsewhere in the book. Early in the novel General Barrow makes the comment, “We want White girls to be able to grow up in the world of Jane Austen, not Clockwork Orange.” I have never heard it said better. I don’t think it can be said better.

Harold, these are three for the ages, and of the three I have to say I think A Mighty Fortress is the best. My hat is permanently off to you, sir.

Can I offer a suggestion? Would there be any way in which these three novels could be reprinted in one large volume?

- Lewis Hall

2 Comments:

At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The three books in one volume idea is a good one.

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Mighty Fortress is pretty good, yeah. Toss up between that and Distant Thunder as to which is best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home